A dessert named trash? That sounds delicious! No seriously it really is delicious. My aunt makes Chex Chocolate Trash every year around the holidays and the family devours it in no time. So simple, vegan, gluten free and only 4 ingredients it is a perfect sweet snack.
Are you hosting a Super Bowl party or gathering. Trash is a yummy finger food. Just make sure the napkins are close by.
Sweet, peanut buttery, chocolatey, crunchy… how can it be wrong?
I hope you enjoy!
What are you making for the Super Bowl this year?
What is your favorite vegan or gluten free snack?
- 1 stick earth balance or vegan butter
- 1 bag (12 ounces) vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 box Chex cereal (I used the corn Chex but use whatever type you like!)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (check the ingredients to make sure it gluten free)
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals and stirring until smooth and melted.
- Add Chex to a large bowl. Make sure you have plenty of room to stir. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir until cereal is coated.
- Add powdered sugar and stir until well coated.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes until chocolate is set. Store in an air tight container.