Are you supposed to bring a dish to a New Years party or are people coming to your house? Rosemary Cayenne Popcorn is a great last-minute dish that is simple and easy. Use what spices you have in the house.
My latest discovery is microwave popcorn in a brown paper lunch bag. Seriously, so simple and 100 times better for you that pre-packaged bags full of chemicals and fake butter.
Brown Bag Popcorn
1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in 1 brown lunch bag.
Fold over top twice.
Microwave for 2 -3 minutes or until popping is 2-3 seconds apart…done!
- 1 cup of popcorn kernels, divided
- 1 brown lunch bag
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons earth balance butter
- Place ¼ cup of popcorn kernels in brown lunch bag. Fold over top twice. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until popping is 2-3 seconds apart. Place popped corn in a very large bowl. Repeat 3 more times with remaining popcorn kernels. Brown bag can be reused.
- Combine remaining ingredients, rosemary, cayenne, brown sugar, salt, olive oil and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds until butter is melted. Stir with a fork to combine. Pour mixture over the popcorn. Stir, toss or shake until seasoning is well coated on all of the popcorn.