Tried and worn out from a wonderful Christmas? Here is an easy dinner option.
Sometimes only real parmesan hits the spot. Salty and earthy it is hard not to have pasta or polenta without parmesan.
I am loving Beyond Meat products. This was my first time trying their frozen ground “beef” in Beefy flavor. Wow! It has great seasoning and taste.
A package of Beyond Meat, a few cans of seasoned stewed tomatoes, and polenta or pasta makes a quick 30 minute weeknight meal. Sean and I enjoyed this easy ragu and polenta for days and the flavors only got better with time.
If you are in a pinch and are looking for a warm, comfort food, quick meal here is your dish!
What is your favorite quick and easy dinner?
- 6 cups water
- 1¾ corn meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons earth balance vegan butter
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package frozen Beyond Meat Beefy crumbles
- 1 teaspoon, chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon, chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ cup red wine
- 3 cans stewed seasoned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan and add salt. (You can start the ragu while you are waiting for the water to boil) Slowly pour in cornmeal while whisking vigorously. Reduce heat to low and simmer while stirring frequently until polenta is creamy and smooth, 20-30 minutes. Add butter and parmesan cheese and stir until mixed. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a heavy bottom large pot or dutch oven over medium heat add oil and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add beyond meat and garlic. Stir frequently and cook until meat crumbles are browned.
- Add thyme, rosemary, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook another 2-3 minutes until spices are fragrant.
- Add wine and scrape the bottom of the pan with a spoon to deglaze. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes and tomato paste, stir. Boil until sauce is reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper to liking.
- Serve over polenta or pasta and top with additional parmesan and fresh basil if desired.