The simplicity of this dish is what makes it so delicious. It would work beautifully with butternut squash, kobocha squash, sweet potatoes or even pumpkin. After all of the wonderful food I am sure you are going to prepare on Thanksgiving, you deserve an easy side dish that highlights falls best vegetables.
My wonderful TST readers, I am going to keep this post short and inspired by the dish.
‘A Flexitarian Thanksgiving’ with everything vegan but the turkey is almost complete!
Stay tuned for the last but not least dessert. Skillet Pecan Pie!
Here is what is on the menu so far:
- 1 acorn squash
- 3-4 leaves of curly kale
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds and cut off top. Slice squash into wedges leaving skin on.
- Remove ribs from kale and tear leaves into pieces.
- Thinly slice peeled garlic cloves.
- In a large bowl, toss squash, kale, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper until well coated. Transfer to an oven safe baking dish or pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until squash is slightly browned and fork tender.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.