Pumpkin spice latte season is in full swing! Starbucks around the world are selling them like hot cakes. I always wanted the Starbucks version to be a little less sweet, dairy free and a little more pumpkiny. Sean and I have been loving cold pressed coffee recently too. Have you tried it yet? It is so smooth and easy to drink. The Kitchn has a great easy recipe that you find here. I warm up my cold pressed coffee in the microwave but it is even better iced. Topped off with creamy coconut milk based Pumpkin Spiced Creamer I’m feeling fall.
I kept this version of pumpkin spice creamer unsweetened. Everyone likes a different amount of sugar but you could easily add agave to this mixture to sweeten it up. This is a great creamer to make when you are getting ready to make a pumpkin pie since it only needs a tablespoon of pumpkin puree. Just take a scoop off the top of the can. If you don’t have any pumpkin, the spice mix is very good on it’s own and would be delicious sans pumpkin. I also used my battery powered milk frother to combine everything. It worked great.
Creamy coffee doesn’t have to mean dairy.
What is your favorite dairy free coffee creamer? Do you have any favorite brands?
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and whisk until well incorporated. About 3 minutes. A battery powered milk frother works great here.
- Set aside to cool and refrigerate.