Don’t let Valentine’s Day be just February 14th! Keep the loving vibe all weekend with Coffee Pancakes. Today I was featured on my dear friends wonderful lifestyle blog The 2 Seasons. Thank you so much Jordan and Janette!
I have a problem with pancakes. Not a problem eating them but a problem cooking them. Every single time, I promise, I burn the first batch. No matter how long I wait for the pan to reheat or set my griddle to the exact same temperature I did the previous time, I burn them. One of these days I will figure out the secret. Does anyone have any tips?
These pancakes are a product of the cute cookie cutters I bought for Valentine’s Day but never actually made cookies. I used whole wheat flour and flax eggs but feel free to use the real stuff for a more fluffy version.
- 1½ cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nut milk or lowfat milk
- ½ cup strong coffee
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter or unsalted butter, melted
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoon flax meal + 6 tablespoons water) or 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat electric griddle to 325 degrees or a pan to medium heat.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together milk, coffee, butter, and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated.
- Spray griddle or pan with cooking spray. Place canola oil in a shallow dish. Coat edges of cookie cutters with oil and place on the griddle. Pour batter inside cookie cutters util approximately ¼" thick. For small cookie cutter batter can be piped into mold with a pastry bag or a zip bag with the corner cut off.
- Cook until bubbles rise to top and pancakes start to pull away from the edges of the cookie cutters. Approximately 5 minutes. Using tongs remove cookie cutters. You may need to use a chop stick to push pancakes free from mold. Flip pancakes and cook through. Approximately 4 minutes.
- Serve with chocolate chips and maple syrup. Enjoy!